How Do We Classify Data?
This post will help you understand the types of data in VCE Further Mathematics. There are many different types of data that can be collected. This includes:
- Categorical data: characteristics such as gender, marital status or music
- Nominal data: name does not indicate order (apple, pear, banana)
- Ordinal data: name does indicate order (first, second, third)
- Numerical data: indicates quantities such as height and weight.
- Discrete data: a number that can only have a whole numerical number such as the number of siblings someone has (cannot be 2.2)
- Continuous data: a number that can take any numerical value.
The Types of Data
In this video, you will learn how to classify different types of data.
How to Classify the Different Types of Data
The videos below explain how to classify the different types of data.
Want to learn more? Check out more of our VCE Mathematics resources here!