How do you find the surface area of right prisms?
To find the surface area of right prisms in Prelim Standard Math, you need to follow a set of rules to get to the total.
- Visualise the surface of the solid. You might find it helpful to draw the net of the solid.
- Write a formula for the surface area, using the net as a guide.
- Substitute the values into the formula for the surface area.
- Use your calculator to find the surface area.
- Write the answer to the specified level of accuracy.
How to calculate the surface area of a right prism
The video below explains how to calculate the surface area of a
Part 1: rectangular prism
Part 2: triangular prism
Part 3: easier surface area explanations