Are you thinking of applying for a Macquarie University scholarship but have no idea if any are a fit for you?
We can help! Below are our top 10 most lucrative MQ scholarships for domestic undergrad students in Australia.
Check them out!
#10 Bennelong Foundation Scholarship and Internship $4.5k/yr
This scholarship at Macquarie University aims to assist students who may experience difficulty accessing opportunities to partake in tertiary studies. Students who receive this scholarship will also have the chance to participate in a paid internship with Bennelong Australian Equity Partners.
To be considered for this MQ scholarship, you will need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the second or third year of a Macquarie Business School undergraduate course
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship, via Youth Allowance or another Commonwealth support program and a personal statement
- Demonstrate leadership, motivation and a positive attitude
- The ability to attend an interview regarding the scholarship
The Bennelong Foundation Scholarship and Internship is worth $10000 in a singular instalment and an $8,000 paid internship experience.
Applications will be sent via an application form that can be found here.
You can learn more about the eligibility criteria for this scholarship here!
#9 Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program $4.5k/yr
The aim of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program is to promote more involvement within STEM courses in university. These Macquarie University scholarships are open to students located in regional and remote areas of Australia.
To be eligible for the scholarships, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You must not have already begun your course of study
- Your address must be considered regional or remote
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program can provide up to $18000 for University fees within a maximum period of four years and $500 to help students with accessing an internship.
Applications involve a written response which describes:
- An educational achievement and/or work achievement
- Any other relevant achievements you want to discuss
You will also need to demonstrate the need for financial aid, by providing documents.
More info on this scholarship program can be found here!
#8 Alumni First in Family Scholarship $5k/yr
This scholarship is for students who are the first of their immediate family to attend university! The grant can be used towards any undergraduate degree.
To apply for this scholarship, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate academic merit
- Must be a domestic student
- A recent school leaver
- Leadership qualities and engagement with community service and extra-curricular activities
- Financial or other disadvantages are also considered
- Student must be the first in their immediate family to attend university
The Alumni First in Family Scholarship is worth $5000 for each year of study.
Scholarship applicants should send the following here:
- A personal statement addressing their leadership qualities, achievements and aspirations for the future.
- A resume
- Two academic references
Check out more on the Alumni First in Family scholarship here!
#7 ISSP Commonwealth Assistance Scholarship $5.5k/yr
This MQ scholarship was established by the Commonwealth Government, with the aim of assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students who are relocating to study at Macquarie Uni from rural or regional areas!
To be considered for the scholarship, you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Students must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Students must be relocating from a rural or regional area to study
- Students must be able to demonstrate financial or other hardships
The ISSP Commonwealth Assistance Scholarship is worth $5512 per year of study.
Applications are to be sent via the Equity section of the UAC site here.
You can learn more about the ISSP Commonwealth Assistance Scholarship here!
#6 Macquarie Education Costs Scholarship (MECS) $5.5k/yr
MECS is awarded to students on the basis of need and strives to give recipients support and the opportunity to attend university. It can be used towards any undergraduate degree and students may apply throughout the course of their studies.
In order to apply:
- Students must be recipients of Youth Allowance or other Commonwealth Support.
- Students must be able to demonstrate financial or other hardship.
The Macquarie Education Costs Scholarship is worth $5512 per year of study.
Applications will be assessed via UAC Equity, here.
Find out more on MECS here!
#5 Macquarie Business School Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholarship $5k-$10k/yr
The purpose of this Macquarie University scholarship is to propel and reward students who have obtained extremely high results within the HSC and want to pursue tertiary studies within the Macquarie Business School.
To be an eligible recipient of the scholarship, students must:
- Be domestic students
- Have achieved an ATAR of 98 or above with no adjustment factors
- Be current school leavers
- Have received an offer to study at the Macquarie Business School
The Macquarie Business School Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholarship is worth $10000 per year of study for students who have achieved a 99.0 or higher ATAR or $5,000 for each year of study for students who have obtained between a 98.0 and 98.95 ATAR.
No application required! Offers will automatically be sent out to students who fit the eligibility criteria!
More on this scholarship can be found here!
#4 Vinva Scholar Award $10k/yr
This MQ scholarship is aimed towards aiding students studying Science, Engineering, IT and Business degrees. This grant funds applicants based on equity and academic excellence, and preference is given to students who can demonstrate experiences of hardship or disadvantage.
If you’d like to be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- Be accepted to study a Macquarie Business School or a Faculty of Science and Engineering course
- Be studying your first undergraduate degree
- Have a competitive ATAR
- Intend to study within the uni on a full-time load
- Be passionate and motivated
The Vinva Scholar Award is worth $10000 per year of study.
Students will need to apply via the application form here. Shortlisted applicants will attend an informal interview.
Within your application, you will also need to include:
- A personal statement – this statement should include the degree you’re applying for, what do you hope to achieve once that degree is finished and what motivates you to succeed.
- Two references – one academic and the second, someone who can attest to your academic merit eligibility
You can check out more on this Macquarie University scholarship here!
#3 Macquarie Leaders and Achievers Scholarship $10k/yr
This MQ scholarship is open for students who have applied for the Leaders and Achievers Early Entry Scheme through Macquarie Uni! If you’re someone who’s engaged in a lot of extra-curricular activities throughout high school or are often involved in community service, your contributions will look impressive on your application.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a domestic student
- Have been offered admission through the Leaders and Achievers Scheme
- Be actively involved in your local community
The Macquarie Leaders and Achievers Scholarship is worth $10000 per year of study.
If you have already applied for the Macquarie Leaders and Achievers entry scheme, you won’t need to fill out a separate application for the scholarship.
Check out all the info on this scholarship here!
#2 Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship (MAS) $11k/yr
MAS is aimed towards students who have relocated from regional or rural areas to study at Macquarie Uni, and is offered on the basis of need. You may be eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Receive Youth Allowance or other Commonwealth support
- Are relocating from a regional or rural area to study at Macquarie Uni
- Study as an internal student
Consideration is also given to students who demonstrate any of the following;
- Capacity to triumph over hardship
- Indigenous background
- Carer responsibilities
- Geographic disadvantage
- Non English speaking background
- Long term medical condition
The Macquarie Accommodation Scholarship is worth $11,024 per year of study.
Applications can be found via UAC equity here!
More on MAS can be found here!
#1 Cooperative Education Program (Co-op) $19.6k/yr
The Cooperative Education Program was established to reward prospective Macquarie University students that have excellent leadership and communication skills and are interested in studying Accounting or Actuarial studies. You may be eligible for this generous MQ scholarship if you:
- Completed or are currently undertaking the HSC
- Are studying or have taken HSC Mathematics Extension 2
- Have an interest in the actuarial profession
- Are active within the community or school leadership
- Are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Expect to receive an ATAR of 97 (without adjustment points, except for the Educational Access Scheme)
This Co-op scholarship is worth $19,650 each year.
Check out how to apply here!
Discover more about the Cooperative Education program here!
Matilda Elliott is a Content Writer at Art of Smart and a Communication graduate with a major in Journalism at Western Sydney University. You can find some of her published work in a range of platforms including SBS World News, The Music Network and within her own creative exploits with her twin sister. Matilda is a lover of listening, helping people to tell their stories, making genuine connections, clowning around in her circus troupe and dancing like no one is watching at live music shows!