Master Prelim HSC English in Year 11 with inspirational tutoring.
Small personalised classes + 1 on 1 sessions for Standard & Advanced English taught by experienced teachers.
1. We help you gain an in-depth understanding of your prescribed Prelim HSC English texts.
Our Prelim HSC English tutoring helps students systematically develop an in-depth understanding and mastery of your prescribed Prelim HSC English texts so you can craft sophisticated analysis for your Prelim HSC assessments.
2. We develop your Prelim HSC English writing skills so you can ace your Prelim HSC assessments.
Our Prelim HSC English tutoring helps students develop their essay, imaginative, persuasive and discursive writing skills through extensive Prelim HSC style practice question work, so you can confidently respond to questions in exam conditions!
3. We get you confident and organised for Prelim HSC English with inspirational mentoring
Recognising that excelling in Prelim HSC English isn’t simply an equation of knowing your quotes and techniques, our Prelim HSC English team mentor you, teaching you how to effectively study and prepare for your Prelim HSC English assessments!
Here’s how our Year 11 English support works:
1-Hour Individual Tutoring Session
We work with you 1 on 1 focusing on your prescribed texts from school to help you develop sophisticated analysis to prepare you for your Prelim HSC English assessments.
1.5-Hour Skills Focused Class
In our skills focused classes, we help you develop your writing skills, showing you how to craft Band 6 essays, and imaginative, persuasive and discursive writing so you can excel in assessments!
New Prelim HSC Syllabus Resources
Get equipped with text specific workbooks, with key insights into your prescribed texts, practice questions, a sample essay and more that help you deconstruct your prescribed texts!
Taught by Experienced Teachers
Our Prelim HSC English classes are led by Greg Virtue, a qualified English teacher, with over 20 years of teaching experience, including roles as Head of English at a number of schools across NSW!
English 1 on 1 and Class Structure
Designed to support students excel with the new Prelim HSC English syllabus, students receive 1-hour 1 on 1 tutoring support and then join a 1.5-hour class to help them further develop their writing skills for their assessments.
New Syllabus Prelim HSC English Class Term Program
10 weekly engaging lessons per term
Term 1: Reading to Write
- Week 1: Reading to Write Introduction
- Week 2: Characterisation
- Week 3: Characterisation II
- Week 4: Setting
- Week 5: Setting II
- Week 6: Style
- Week 7: Style II
- Week 8: Planning and Exam Preparation
- Week 9: Revising and Feedback
- Week 10: Review
Term 2: Module A
- Week 1: Module A Intro
- Week 2: Textual Analysis I
- Week 3: Textual Analysis II
- Week 4: Writing Across Texts
- Week 5: Writing Across Texts II
- Week 6: Argumentation
- Week 7: Argumentation II
- Week 8: Essay Writing
- Week 9: Essay Writing II
- Week 10: Responding To Unseen Questions
Term 3: Module B
- Week 1: Module B Introduction
- Week 2: Textual Analysis
- Week 3: Technical Analysis II / Key Themes
- Week 4: Planning an essay
- Week 5: Writing an Essay
- Week 6: Implementing Analysis
- Week 7: Editing an Essay
- Week 8: Essay Skills
- Week 9: Responding to Unseen Questions
- Week 10: In-Class Essay
Here’s a sneak peak of our Year 11 Prelim HSC English Resources!
Our Prelim HSC English Resources are:
Designed by a qualified HSC English teacher with extensive HSC English teaching experience
- Include practice Prelim HSC style exam questions, sample Band 6 introductions, paragraphs and more to help you develop your HSC English writing skills.
Show you step by step how to write Band 6 responses, including thesis statements, analysis for your paragraphs, compelling characterisation and more!
Show you step by step how to find related texts, write imaginatively, and respond to the new assessment types including multimodal presentations & reflection statements
Includes over 175+ pages of resources and support to help you ace HSC English for the new HSC English Syllabus!
Learn from and be inspired by experienced Prelim HSC English teachers
Greg is a qualified Prelim HSC English teacher who has over 20+ years of teaching experience working with Year 11 and 12 students to support them through Prelim HSC English from ESL and Standard English to English Extension 1.
Greg’s extensive experience includes being Head of English at a number of schools, leading the entire schools English faculty to support students. Over this time, Greg has worked with thousands of students, at all levels, and has a wealth of experience and knowledge.
Greg is a new Prelim HSC English Syllabus Expert! Come and try a class with Greg and get inspired!
Successfully helping students excel in Prelim HSC English at school since 2009
Students we’ve tutored & mentored
Ave mark increase of our students
Hours we’ve tutored & counting
Year 11 English Class Term Timetable
10 x 1.5 hour engaging weekly lessons to build your writing skills
Tuesday 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Thursday 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Saturday 3:00PM – 4:30PM
Monday 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Wednesday 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Saturday 3:00PM – 4:30PM
Wednesday 4:30PM – 6:00PM
Class location or timing doesn’t fit your schedule?
We provide standalone 1 on 1 tutoring in homes across Sydney.
Year 11 English Tutoring Pricing
1 on 1 + Class: $140 per week for 2.5 hours support
1 on 1: From $85 per hour
Class: $70 per week for 1.5 hour class
Here’s what you will receive:
- Classes taught by experienced Prelim HSC English teachers
- 12 x Personalised 1 on 1 Tutoring Sessions
- 12 x 1.5 Hour Skills Focused Classes
- Comprehensive Text Specific New Prelim HSC Syllabus Resource Books
- Step-by-Step resources to develop your writing skills
- Practice Prelim HSC style questions and mock Prelim HSC exams
- Study pass to study at our campus during the week
All classes come with a First Lesson Money Back Guarantee, so you can get confident that the class is the right fit for you!
Say goodbye to Prelim HSC worry with our proven results
Schools our students attend
7 in 10
Students score a Band 5 or 6
Gain entry to goal uni course
Get Started with Prelim HSC English Tutoring!
Give our friendly team a call today on 1300 267 888 to enrol in one of our classes or follow the steps below!