This lesson is on Young’s Double Slit Experiment, which is part of Unit 4 Area of Study 1 for VCE Physics.
Overview of Young’s Double Slit Experiment
This was an experiment used to determine if the light was a particle or wave.
The following formula is used when solving double slit problems.
- λ = wavelength of light used (m)
- x = distance from central fringe (m)
- d = distance between the slits (m)
- n = the order of the fringe
- L = length from the screen with slits to the viewing screen (m)
This video will explain the experiment.
Looking for more resources? Check out more of our VCE Physics resources here!