Probability Density Functions is a section of the VCE Maths Methods topic Probability and Statistics and subtopic Continuous Random Variables. Here we will understand and use the concepts of a probability density function of a continuous random variable. This includes the following:
- Know the two properties of a probability density function
- Define the probability as the area under the graph of the probability density function
- Examine simple types of continuous random variables and use them in appropriate contexts
- Explore properties of a random variable that is uniformly distributed
- Find the mode from a given probability density function
So What is a PDF?
This video will introduce the idea of a probability density function.
This video explains how to construct a probability function for random variables.
The next video explains why continuous variables are important for probability distribution functions.
This video provides an application for PDF’s.
Want to learn more? Check out more of our VCE Mathematics resources here!