Continuous Random Variables is a part of the VCE Maths Methods topic Probability and Statistics.
Here we will understand and use the concepts of a probability density function of a continuous random variable. This includes the following:
- Know the two properties of a probability density function
- Define the probability as the area under the graph of the probability density function
- Examine simple types of continuous random variables and use them in appropriate contexts
- Explore properties of a random variable that is uniformly distributed
- Find the mode from a given probability density function
The Probability Distribution Function
The following video introduces the idea of a probability density function.
The following three videos introduce the idea of continuous variables as a condition for probability density functions.
Want to learn more? Check out more of our VCE Mathematics resources here!