How Do Cells Replicate?
This post will be an introduction to cellular replication and variation for QCE Biology.
4.1.2 – Cellular Replication and Variation
- Within the process of meiosis I and II:
- Recognise the role of homologous chromosomes
- Describe the processes of crossing over and recombination and
- Demonstrate how they contribute to genetic variation
- Compare and contrast the process of spermatogenesis and oogenesis (with reference to haploid and diploid cells).
What is Cell Replication?
This is a good introduction to cellular replication and the types of cellular replication there are.
This video will go through mitosis in a little more detail.
If you need some additional clarification, this video may be helpful.
This video goes through meiosis.
This video goes into a little more depth in regards to the phases of meiosis.