This post will be an introduction to biotechnology, going through the recombinant DNA, for QCE Biology.
4.1.6 – Biotechnology
- Describe the process of making recombinant DNA
- Isolation of DNA, cutting of DNA (restriction enzymes)
- Insertion of DNA fragment (plasmid vector)
- Joining of DNA (DNA ligase)
- Amplification of recombinant DNA (bacterial transformation)
- Appraise data from an outcome of a current genetic biotechnology technique to determine its success rate.
What is Biotechnology?
This video will go through the concept of biotechnology.
This video will be a short introduction to recombinant DNA technology.
This video will go through recombinant DNA technology in a little more detail.
This video will go through some procedures used in recombinant DNA technology.