This post will go through some types of classification systems for QCE Biology.
3.1.2 – Classification Processes
- Describe the classification systems for:
- Similarity of physical features (the Linnaean system)
- Methods of reproduction (asexual, sexual — K and r selection)
- Molecular sequences (molecular phylogeny — also called cladistics)
- Define the term clade
- Recall that common assumptions of cladistics include a common ancestry, bifurcation and physical change
This video will go through the Linnaean system of classification.
K and r Selection
This video goes through the difference between sexual and asexual reproduction.
This video goes through the K and r selection classification process.
This video will introduce cladistics which classify organisms into groups called clades based on their nearest common ancestor.
This video explains cladistics in a bit more depth.