This is part of the HSC Mathematics Advanced course under the topic Statistical Analysis: Random Variables.
Here we will understand and use the concepts of a probability density function of a continuous random variable. This includes the following:
- Know the two properties of a probability density function
- Define the probability as the area under the graph of the probability density function
- Examine simple types of continuous random variables and use them in appropriate contexts
- Explore properties of a random variable that is uniformly distributed
- Find the mode from a given probability density function
Probability density function